[torquedev] enablemomrestart with pbs_mom symlinks

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Jul 7 21:48:03 MDT 2008

Hi Craig!

----- "Craig West" <cwest at astro.umass.edu> wrote:

> I've just been through the process of updating my nodes to 2.3.1 (from
> 2.3.0). During the process I attempted to use the enablemomrestart,
> but without success. I think the problem is that the pbs_mom is not
> looking at the symlink, but rather directly at the executable.

Yup, that's quite correct, I've stumbled across this in
the past but just restarted pbs_mom by hand across the
cluster.

The issue is that (on Linux) pbs_mom defaults to using
the content of /proc/self/exe as the path to the executable,
but that's been dereferenced to the actual path which won't
get changed.

This is defined in MOMFindMyExe() in src/resmom/mom_main.c,
but I'm not sure if commenting that check out will help as
the rest of the code is a little hard to follow..

cheers,