Coding style (was: Re: [torquedev] Quick test report of cpuset support)

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 19:00:13 MST 2008

On Feb 17, 2008 3:19 AM, Matti Bickel <cat5 at minet.uni-jena.de> wrote:

> I'm really in favour of adopting a more liberal space usage. While i'll
> not go after anyone if that's rejected, i think it's more in line with
> the general generous use of whitespace in the code anyway...

I agree 100% with respect to whitespace.
whitespace after commas and around operators is much more readable in my
oppinion.

I woud also favor K&R style curly bracket placement, but that's a little
less important to me than the whitespace.

I don't think anyone is going to re-format everything at once, so this is
what I would keep in mind as I'm working on TORQUE:

in order of importance:

#1 - consistency within a function

#2 - consistency within an entire source file

#3 - consistency between relaited source files

#4 - consistency between all source files

and I preffer a pretty short and consise set of coding GUIDELINEs rather
than a long, complicated, and rigid STANDARD