[torquedev] Quick test report of cpuset support

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Feb 18 14:08:40 MST 2008

----- "Garrick Staples" <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 05:15:38PM +1100, Chris Samuel alleged:
> > The reason the vnode sets end up with no cpus allocated
> > to them is because when you create the vnode sets the
> > write to add the cpu is getting EPERM because the cpu
> > has not yet been assigned to the jobset.
>
> That sounds like a pretty dumb mistake on my part.

I dunno about that, it took a while for me to figure out
what could be going wrong and it wasn't until I ran strace
on the pbs_mom that I saw the EPERM that gave it away!

Attached is a patch that (mostly) fixes it, all it does
is move some code around and duplicate a bit to do a
separate loop to create the string defining the CPUs and
then add them into the cpuset before making the vnodes.

The only remaining oddity is that in the vnode sets now
I get core 1 assigned to vnode 0 and core 0 assigned to
vnode 1.   This is for a 2 CPU job that's been allocated
cores 0-1 out of 0-3 available. It's not important, just
not quite what I was expecting. :-)

cheers,