[torquedev] Quick test report of cpuset support

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Fri Feb 15 23:15:38 MST 2008

----- "Chris Samuel" <csamuel at vpac.org> wrote:

> Yup, I'd found that, and I though I could find the creation
> of the torque set and the job set, but couldn't quite spot
> where the vnode specific sets were being done.
>
> Am doing some more hunting now.

OK - found it - I think it's an ordering problem in the
way the various cpusets are created.

You first create the jobset and add all the mems to it.

Then you iterate through the vnodes for the job and
concat each vnode number with a comma to a buffer to
represent all the vnodes of the job. These are kept
for later.

At the same time as that you create each vnode set and
add the appropriate vnode and all mems into that.

Then you write that buffer you've created into "cpus"
part of the jobset.

The reason the vnode sets end up with no cpus allocated
to them is because when you create the vnode sets the
write to add the cpu is getting EPERM because the cpu
has not yet been assigned to the jobset.

So unfortunately you're going to need to create that
buffer first and set up the jobset completely then
iterate through the vnode sets.

Does that make sense ?

cheers!