[torquedev] Quick test report of cpuset support

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Fri Feb 15 22:52:27 MST 2008

----- "Garrick Staples" <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 11:25:50AM +1100, Chris Samuel alleged:
>
> > ----- "Chris Samuel" <csamuel at vpac.org> wrote:
> >
> > > 3) There were also two task sets (0 and 1) created,
> > >    but neither apppeared to have a cpu allocated to
> > >    them (/dev/cpuset/torque/1.quad/0/core was empty,
> > >    for example).
> >
> > I tried to follow the code through late last night to
> > see where they were created, but couldn't spot the point.
> >
> > Garrick, could you point me to where that was please ?
>
> The support is in src/resmom/linux/cpuset.c

Yup, I'd found that, and I though I could find the creation
of the torque set and the job set, but couldn't quite spot
where the vnode specific sets were being done.

Am doing some more hunting now.

> > I can confirm that the jobs are migrated into the jobset
> > correctly - nice work!
>
> Well, that's pretty neat :)

Indeed!

> Now whatever you do, don't look at the code.  What you don't know
> won't hurt you.

I'm afraid it's too late, but luckily I passed my
sanity check[1].. :-)

Out of interest - is it worth running GNU indent over
the Torque code for a consistent layout ?

[1] - http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1422176

cheers!