[torquedev] Quick test report of cpuset support

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Feb 15 17:44:20 MST 2008

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 11:25:50AM +1100, Chris Samuel alleged:

> ----- "Chris Samuel" <csamuel at vpac.org> wrote:
>
> > 3) There were also two task sets (0 and 1) created,
> >    but neither apppeared to have a cpu allocated to
> >    them (/dev/cpuset/torque/1.quad/0/core was empty,
> >    for example).
>
> I tried to follow the code through late last night to
> see where they were created, but couldn't spot the point.
>
> Garrick, could you point me to where that was please ?

The support is in src/resmom/linux/cpuset.c

$ grep -n create_jobset src/resmom/*.c
src/resmom/mom_comm.c:2110:    if (create_jobset(pjob) != 0)
src/resmom/start_exec.c:2245:  if (create_jobset(pjob) != 0)

> > I completely forgot to check whether the PBS job itself
> > was running in the cpuset! Will have to wait till the
> > weekend now. :-)
>
> I can confirm that the jobs are migrated into the jobset
> correctly - nice work!

Well, that's pretty neat :)

Now whatever you do, don't look at the code.  What you don't know won't hurt you.