[torquedev] [patch] bind to ip on multihomed pbs_servers

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Mon Feb 11 10:34:51 MST 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 12:01:57PM -0800, Garrick Staples wrote:

> > To sum things up, an IP address is nowadays not represented by
> > uint32_t, but struct sockaddr_storage.
> No disagreements here.

Sorry for kickin in late, we had week-end over here ;).

Last Friday, I've talked to Matti. He's pretty overloaded at the moment,
exams, work, girlfriend...

Anyway, here's what he has done so far:

   http://cluster.inf-ra.uni-jena.de/~adi/torque-r1542-ipv6.diff

   (based on r1542 checkout from the torque subversion trunk)

Here the whole source:

   http://cluster.inf-ra.uni-jena.de/~adi/torque-r1542-ipv6.tar.gz

It doesn't even compile, but it gives you an impression of required
changes. It's far behind the trunk, so the best would be to make this
public, an open process.

I would call this a dirty hack, it doesn't clean things up, the #ifdefs
make it even worse.

What does the community say? Add IPv6? Merge it into trunk, perhaps
breaking it for days? Rewrite from scratch? Completely start over with
the IPv6 patch?

I don't see no use in letting Matti go on coding on r1542+ipv6, on the
other hand, I believe he has failed to communicate with the developers
due to his illusion to come up with the minimal, perfect patch, solving
everything.

It's even a shame that I have to present his results, but at least
that's better than throwing it all away.

So here it is. It's outdated, it's broken, untested and incomplete.

How to go on? Let me know if I can help.

HTH

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver