[torquedev] recent torque changes

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 00:45:51 MST 2008

I've just checked in some changes into trunk that increase the PBS_JOBBASE
constant from 11 to 61.  This allows for 64 char .JB and .SC files on
pbs_server/pbs_mom

the previous 14 char limit was too small when you combine large job sequence
nubmers and large job arrays - we just couldn't hash those 11 characters
enough to make the neessary number of unique file names.

This should help the job arrays scale much better.

.JB files with the old size for their jobbase array are automatically
upgraded when pbs_server starts
we used a similar auto upgrader from 2.1.x to 2.2.0.  the only down side is
if you upgrade to 2.3.x you wouldn't be able to recover your jobs if you
downgrade back to 2.2.x (they will be renamed as .BD files I think)