[torquedev] pbs_server segfault in req_delete.c

Josh Butikofer josh at clusterresources.com
Tue Dec 30 11:27:46 MST 2008

 > What do you think Josh (CRI Josh, not Penguin Josh!)?  I think we
 > would want to upgrade the bugzilla at
 > www.clusterresources.com/bugzilla and probably flush out all the old
 > bugs and start fresh since TORQUE has changed so much since they were
 > loggeed.

I think it could be a good idea. The only problem that I see is the fact
that there would then be potentially three sources for bug tracking/reports:

* The mailing list (when someone doesn't add it to Bugzilla)
* The public Bugzilla
* CRI's own internal ticket system (where we track most bugs that we are
working on)

It could make tracking bugs even more complicated, rather than easier.

As long as CRI and the community have clear rules about how to keep
Bugzilla up-to-date and accurate it should work fine. The problem with
the old Bugzilla (from my perspective) is that only a few dedicated
members of the community used it for a time, and as the number of bugs
built up, and TORQUE fixes were slow to come, people started realizing
they could get better turn around time and responses if they just
squawked on the mailing list, bypassing the whole Bugzilla tracking.
Eventually, it became moth-balled and we are where we are today, with no
one really using it.

My biggest fear, I guess, is that Bugzilla, like the TORQUE wiki, will
not be used enough to warrant the time and resources put into
maintaining it. Is TORQUE really isn't going to benefit from having
Bugzilla? How can we avoid the problems that occurred last time?

What do you think?

Josh Butikofer
Cluster Resources, Inc.