[torquedev] Big Bang vs Evolution (was: IPv6 port)

Matti Bickel cat5 at minet.uni-jena.de
Sat Dec 27 03:35:00 MST 2008

Glen Beane <glen.beane at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Matti Bickel <cat5 at minet.uni-jena.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  i'm slowly chipping away at the ipv6 branch here. But as time goes on
> >  the branch diverts more and more from trunk. It's hopeless to play
> >  catch up here, i'm moving too slowly.
>
> I thought Garrick (or was it someone else?)  had volunteered to keep
> your brancy in synch with trunk?

Yeah, i guess i fail on this one. I used to request syncs with trunk.
But then i realized that my code changes went far beyond what was
syncable. This is the main motivation behind this patches - narrowing
the gap between trunk and my branch to the point where syncing is not
that much work.

As a side effect, my motivation on "getting something done" will
increase and Garricks fear of "having lost" me will decrease ;)

> In principal I think this is a good idea,   but I dont know about a
> few lines of untested code eacy day.  I think a slightly larger patch
> once every week or so that has had at least some (not necessarilly
> exhaustive) testing would be more manageable.

Will do. If anyone has recommendations about testing, please post them.
--
Regards, Matti Bickel
Signed/Encrypted email preferred (key 4849EC6C)