[torquedev] pbs_server segfault in req_delete.c

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Dec 24 00:23:05 MST 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 03:47:38PM -0800, Joshua Bernstein alleged:
> I've been able to reproduce this by submitting jobs (a simple echo
> "HELLO") out of a directory that isn't known to pbs_mom. (ie: something
> not listed in mom_priv/config). In my case I just use /tmp on the
> headnode. This causes the job to enter the "E", or exiting state and
> thus hang out in the queue until the remote copy times out. At this

Why is the remote copy hanging?  You have scp setup for the users, right?  Do
you have port filtering dropping ssh packets from the nodes?  My users do this
exact same thing routinely without a problem.

University of Southern California

See the Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/