[torquedev] Encoding IPv6 in the stream

Matti Bickel cat5 at minet.uni-jena.de
Fri Aug 8 17:48:50 MDT 2008

Hi,
  ... still working on the IPv6 branch (albeight only on weekends now,
  got a busy life now)

  I'm now at a point where i have to decode the IP from the stream
  structure. This is currently done using parsing an u_long from the
  character stream. Clearly this doesn't work for a mixed IPv4/6 setup.
  What i need is a (backwards compatible) way to encode IPv4 and IPv6
  adresses in the stream.

  Do i just call the u_long parsing code 4 times? How do i figure out,
  if the ip is version 4 or 6?

  I'm kinda new to the stream structure, and i need some advice here -
  what do you think works best, what fits your code best?

  On a general note: server seems to compile, working on the client code :)

  Looking forward to get this beast compiling for once!
--
Regards, Matti Bickel
Signed/Encrypted email preferred (key 4849EC6C)