[torquedev] Four patches for Torque 2.3.0

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Apr 24 19:07:37 MDT 2008

----- "Steve Snelgrove" <ssnelgrove at clusterresources.com> wrote:

> I am sorry about causing this problem.  This came about because we had
> some requests that Torque should be able to work with servers with
> multiple Ethernet interfaces.  It seemed wrong to be using
> gethostbyname to find out the IP address of the machine when this
> function will only return one of the interface addresses.  It seemed
> better to just use the IP address from the stream.  But of course,
> I goofed and neglected to also fix the corresponding check against okclients.

One comment/question - would it be good to have the minor
revisions (2.3.1, 2.3.2, etc) only be bug fixes and new
functionality go into major releases (2.3, 2.4, etc) ?

Sort like the kernel approach with 2.6.23.1 only containing
bug fixes over 2.6.23 ?

Perhaps even having that scheme for Torque, so minor
enhancements go into 2.3.1 and there is another, bug
fix only, release stream of 2.3.0.1, 2.3.0.2, etc,
until the 2.3.1 release (which would, of course, have
those fixes folded into it) ?