[torquedev] Four patches for Torque 2.3.0

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Apr 24 18:54:14 MDT 2008

----- "Steve Snelgrove" <ssnelgrove at clusterresources.com> wrote:

Hi Steve,

> I am sorry about causing this problem.  This came about because
> we had some requests that Torque should be able to work with
> servers with multiple Ethernet interfaces.  It seemed wrong to
> be using gethostbyname to find out the IP address of the machine
> when this function will only return one of the interface addresses.

Ahh, yes that makes sense!  Mind you, all our cluster management
nodes have had multiple NIC's (at least one public and one private),
we've never had that issue.  Would this be where you have multiple
private NICs talking to the compute nodes ?

> It seemed better to just use the IP address from the stream.
> But of course, I goofed and neglected to also fix the corresponding
> check against okclients.

Easily done in a codebase as complicated as this!

> I have corrected the code and put back in the gethostbyname call
> when the server gets added.  This should correct the problem.  I
> have checked this code in and also made snapshots for 2.3 and 2.4
> when the problem was introduced.

Thanks for that Steve.

> Again, sorry about the problem.  Thanks for your help in
> tracking this down.

Apology accepted, we were lucky in that we tested a
single node first that wasn't accessible to our users. :-)

Our thanks to Eygene, Glen and Steve for spotting, tracking
and fixing this!

cheers,