[torquedev] Four patches for Torque 2.3.0

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Apr 22 16:56:16 MDT 2008

----- "Eygene Ryabinkin" <rea+maui at grid.kiae.ru> wrote:

> Chris, good day.

Hello Eygene,

> Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:17:47AM +1000, Chris Samuel wrote:
> > Unfortunately my test job won't start on that node, its
> > failing to start as the new mom rejects jobs with:
> >
> > 04/22/2008 10:14:50;0080;   pbs_mom;Req;req_reject;Reject reply
> > code=15008(Access from host not allowed, or unknown host
> > MSG=request not authorized), aux=0, type=QueueJob, from
> > PBS_Server at tango-m.vpac.org
[...]

> Ahh, I just saw the sources of 2.3.1: mom_server_add() no longer
> calls 'tinsert(ipaddr,&okclients);', so $clienthost/$pbsserver
> will not behave as usual.

Yup, that's just the symptom we're seeing here.

> Try the '$pbsclient' directive --
> it should work in 2.3.1 in the sence that the given host will
> be added to the 'okclients' tree.

Ahh - well spotted!

Yes, that now gets the 2.3.1 pbs_mom working now, great!

> Looks like a regression to me, but it is too late in Russia to
> judge for sure.  Will return to this tomorrow, if some other
> person would not confirm or reject my suspicions.

Looks like you've hit the nail on the head, and it's certainly
a change in the expected behaviour which I suspect won't go
down too well with folks.

Thanks so much for spotting that, very much appreciated!