[torquedev] Four patches for Torque 2.3.0

Eygene Ryabinkin rea+maui at grid.kiae.ru
Tue Apr 22 14:34:58 MDT 2008

Chris, good day.

Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:17:47AM +1000, Chris Samuel wrote:
> Unfortunately my test job won't start on that node, its
> failing to start as the new mom rejects jobs with:
>
> 04/22/2008 10:14:50;0080;   pbs_mom;Req;req_reject;Reject reply code=15008(Access from host not allowed, or unknown host MSG=request not authorized), aux=0, type=QueueJob, from PBS_Server at tango-m.vpac.org

As far as I can judge from the sources (of 2.3.0, not synced with
2.3.1 yet), this happens when your host that is trying to talk with
MOM is not in the 'okclients' tree.  What are you specifying as
'$clienthost' (or '$pbsserver')?  Is it coincides with the name of
the host trying to talk with MOM?  What do you see in the respective
MOM's log?  There should be the line "request type %s from host %s
rejected (host not authorized)" in the MOM's log (if MOM is in the
state, where the log is not closed; as I see, it should be logging
in this phase).

Ahh, I just saw the sources of 2.3.1: mom_server_add() no longer
calls 'tinsert(ipaddr,&okclients);', so $clienthost/$pbsserver
will not behave as usual.  Try the '$pbsclient' directive --
it should work in 2.3.1 in the sence that the given host will
be added to the 'okclients' tree.

Looks like a regression to me, but it is too late in Russia to
judge for sure.  Will return to this tomorrow, if some other
person would not confirm or reject my suspicions.
--
Eygene Ryabinkin, Russian Research Centre "Kurchatov Institute"