[torquedev] Four patches for Torque 2.3.0

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Apr 21 18:17:47 MDT 2008

----- "Eygene Ryabinkin" <rea+maui at grid.kiae.ru> wrote:

> Chris, good day.

Hello Eygene!

> Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 11:22:02PM +1000, Chris Samuel wrote:
>
> > Great, thanks for those.  I'm not a developer (I just
> > play one on the mailing list) so I can't apply them
> > but I've passed them on to get added to our Torque 2.3.0
> > at VPAC which has been giving us some grief.
>
> OK, fine.  So, am I right that the patches produce
> working Torque 2.3.0 on your setup at VPAC?

Well, this morning we upgraded to the 2.3.1 snapshot
that Steve just released which includes your four fixes.

I can say that the ncpus problem (seen with pbsnodes)
is fixed for a start!

Unfortunately my test job won't start on that node, its
failing to start as the new mom rejects jobs with:

04/22/2008 10:14:50;0080;   pbs_mom;Req;req_reject;Reject reply code=15008(Access from host not allowed, or unknown host MSG=request not authorized), aux=0, type=QueueJob, from PBS_Server at tango-m.vpac.org

Odd!  It the older mom's still work OK (I've not restarted
the pbs_server yet).

> > I know some changes have been made to SVN recently, but
> > unfortunately those 4 patches aren't in them as they apply
> > to the current trunk (r2091).
> >
> > I've also copied in Steve Snelgrove at CR to draw
> > his attention to them.
>
> I had not seen him at the Cc at the message I am replying to, so
> either he was not there, mailing list software stripped the Cc
> or blind Cc was used.

He was CC'd in (just checked my local copy of the email), my
guess is the CR mailman setup is stripping them out.

> Thanks for the testing!

Thanks for the patches! :-)

cheers,