[torquedev] Ommiting core 0 from /dev/cpuset/torque/cpus breaks cpusets

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Apr 20 07:37:46 MDT 2008

Hi folks,

It looks like if you pre-create /dev/cpuset/torque with
cores 1-n to cope with your system allocating core 0 for
a boot cpuset the current code doesn't cope and the jobs
end up with no cpus allocated to the job cpuset.

I've verified this with my current build but not had a
chance to check with trunk yet.

This was pointed out to me by Brian O'Conner from SGI
who's having problems posting to the list.

cheers,