[torquedev] Four patches for Torque 2.3.0

Eygene Ryabinkin rea+maui at grid.kiae.ru
Fri Apr 18 16:26:24 MDT 2008

Good day.

I had produced four patches last week and it will be good if
developers can evaluate them and possibly include to the upstream
repository.

First one fixes some memory leaks, buffer overflow and NULL pointer
propagation in the usecp() parsing routine.

The second one eliminates one nasty bug: site_check_user_map()
fills error message in any case.  And some routines (for example,
svr_chkque(), that was fixed by the third patch) do not fill the
error message, so in the case of their error I will got the text
of the error from site_check_user_map().  If was really faced that
on Wednesday and was scratching my head for some hours, trying to
understand how ruserok() can fail in my conditions.

The third one adds error explanations to svr_chkque(): it is very
convinient to have them for debugging, even after site_check_user_map()
was fixed.

The fourth one tries to catch symbolic links encountered during
translation of the paths by $usecp directive.  The lengthy explanation
is in the patch itself.

All fixes are done for the stock 2.3.0 sources and they are currently
running for some hours on our cluster.  I will report any regressions
or needed modifications, if any.

Thanks for your time!
--
Eygene Ryabinkin, Russian Research Centre "Kurchatov Institute"