[torquedev] Resources_max as job defaults?

Al Taufer ataufer at clusterresources.com
Tue Apr 15 15:32:15 MDT 2008

I hope someone can help me understand why Torque applies job resource
attributes as follows:

1) Apply values specified on job submission
2) Apply values from queue resources_defaults for attributes that are
not yet set
3) Apply values from server resources_defaults for attributes that are
yet not set
4) Apply values from queue resources_max for attributes that are not yet set
5) Apply values from server resources_max for attributes that are not
yet set

It all seems quite reasonable until we start applying the resources_max
values.  Why would Torque want to or need to use the resources_max
values as defaults for a job?

Thank you,
Al Taufer