[torquedev] RE: pbs_mom suddenly throws floating-point exception on execute

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Fri Sep 14 02:45:45 MDT 2007

On Thursday 13 September 2007 07:23:36 Moody, Tristan wrote:

> This seems unlikely to me, as this has apparently happened to some thirty
> different machines in a very short timeframe.

But if the binary is served out from an NFS server (which is normal practice
here at VPAC) the same corruption on the server could affect the clients as
it runs.  I've seen cases where modifying a binary on an NFS server (SLES9)
killed the running binaries on the clients over a short period of time. :-(

> Recompiling and reinstalling does not help either.

That would appear to rule that out then.. :-(

Did you have any luck with compiling it with "-g -O0" to get some decent
debugging out of it with gdb ?

cheers,