[torquedev] IPv6 Politics

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Sep 6 12:19:04 MDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 02:11:28PM +0200, Matti Bickel alleged:
> Hi folks.
> I'm still happily crunching at the new ipv6 support and one thing came
> up as an issue:
>
> * do we support systems that principally don't support IPv6, i.e. are
>   missing the appropiate datastructures (sockaddr_storage and friends,
>   missing on all SUSv2-only systems)?
>
> Assuming a No answer would greatly reduce both time and #ifdefs needed.
> If there's still such a system, we could fall back to some supporting
> #define sockaddr_storage sockaddr, etc.

We have a *very* wide range of systems, and I don't know how far back
sockaddr_storage support goes.  So right now I'd have to say we that need to
support the same systems that would work now.

When I was playing with cygwin, I think I found that sockaddr_storage wasn't
supported; and certainly want the client bits to work on cygwin.