[torquedev] cpuinfo: SC07 notes

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Nov 18 19:26:40 MST 2007

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, Craig West wrote:

> The AMD Quad-core Opterons (Barcelona) are the same as listed by
> Chris.

Courtesy of a friend (and customer) in Melbourne I've been given sight
of their /proc/cpuinfo info and they show precisely the opposite from
what I've seen with our Intel and AMD boxes. :-)

Their systems are HP and show that their AMD systems enumerate the
first core on each socket first, then the second, etc, whilst their
Intel boxes enumerate all the cores on one socket before doing all
the cores on the next socket.  This is the same for both their dual
and quad socket boxes.

Their RHEL3 boxes (2.4.21-32.ELsmp) show physical id's & siblings for
the single core (with HT) boxes but not core ID's, so here we can't
tell a dual core Intel from an HT Intel system. :-(

Ah - of course we don't care here because it won't have cpusets
support! :-)

cheers,