[torquedev] Job array feature request

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Fri Nov 16 19:39:47 MST 2007

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007, Chris Samuel wrote:

> Not having played with job arrays yet I don't know if these are
> already working or in the works so I thought I'd ask first.. :-)
>
> 1)  Non-contiguous job arrays.
[...]
> 2) Single task job arrays.

Just a quick follow up, having taken a quick look at the manual page
for the new qsub -t option for job arrays it says:

       -t array_size
               Specifies the number of copies of this job to run.

               The array_size argument is an integer from 1 to PBS_MAXJOBARRAY
               if not specified, array_size will be set to 1 (see PBS_ARRAYID)

and for the environment variable it says:

       PBS_ARRAYID
              each member of a job array is assigned a unique number from 0 to
              array_size-1 (see -t)

Now as mentioned previously this is just the initial support,
but it does at least seem to already support single task job
arrays, but not for an arbitrary array ID.    Non-contiguous
job arrays are not supported either yet.

cheers!