[torquedev] new node attribute: "note"

Marcus R. Epperson mrepper at sandia.gov
Mon Mar 19 14:02:21 MDT 2007

On 03/19/2007 01:15 PM, Garrick Staples wrote:
> [garrick at hpc-admin cmds]$ ./pbsnodes -n -l -s hpc-pbs
> hpc1448              eth problem
> hpc1770              what is up with this crashy node?
> [garrick at hpc-admin cmds]$ ./pbsnodes -l -n -s hpc-pbs
> /home/rcf-00/garrick/rpm/crisvn/torque/branches/2.1-fixes-build/src/cmds/.libs/lt-pbsnodes:
> Unknown node  MSG=cannot located specified node

Yeah, it's kind of a hack since the getopt specification for -n requires an argument (which used to be a good thing).  There's a GNU extension to getopt that allows optional arguments, but I assume I can't use that.  :)  Do you have any suggestions for how to do this argument parsing correctly?

[...]
> I think what I want to see is '-nl' (or any combination of l and n)
> produce a normal -l output, but with the notes at the end.
>
> So it be like this:
>
> node01         offline
> node02         down,offline   bad memory
> node03         offline        needs new drive

Ok, that should be an easy change.

-Marcus