[torquedev] new node attribute: "note"

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Mar 19 13:15:31 MDT 2007

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 04:26:33PM -0600, Marcus R. Epperson alleged:
> Garrick Staples wrote:
> >Hrm, wasn't 'pbsnodes -l -n' supposed to work as expected?
>
> Not that I know of, but the attached patch should make it work (both "-l
> -n" and "-n -l").  (the way I would expect it to work, at least)
>
> I would have included something like this with the original patch, but it
> wasn't clear to me how a user would query individual attributes in general.
> With pbsnodes you could either query all attributes (-a|-x) or a special
> case of the state attribute (-l).
>
> -Marcus

I think we're not quite there yet.

[garrick at hpc-admin cmds]$ ./pbsnodes -n -l -s hpc-pbs
hpc1448              eth problem
hpc1770              what is up with this crashy node?
[garrick at hpc-admin cmds]$ ./pbsnodes -l -n -s hpc-pbs
/home/rcf-00/garrick/rpm/crisvn/torque/branches/2.1-fixes-build/src/cmds/.libs/lt-pbsnodes:
Unknown node  MSG=cannot located specified node
[garrick at hpc-admin cmds]$ ./pbsnodes -l -n
hpc1448              eth problem
hpc1770              what is up with this crashy node?
[garrick at hpc-admin cmds]$ ./pbsnodes -n
Error: -n with no argument must be preceded by -l
[garrick at hpc-admin cmds]$ ./pbsnodes -l -n
hpc1448              eth problem
hpc1770              what is up with this crashy node?
[garrick at hpc-admin cmds]$ ./pbsnodes -n -l
hpc1448              eth problem
hpc1770              what is up with this crashy node?
[garrick at hpc-admin cmds]$ ./pbsnodes -nl
[garrick at hpc-admin cmds]$ ./pbsnodes -ln
hpc1448              eth problem
hpc1770              what is up with this crashy node?
[garrick at hpc-admin cmds]$ ./pbsnodes -l
hpc0893              down
hpc0988              offline
hpc1010              offline
hpc1298              down
hpc1383              down
hpc1425              offline
hpc1426              offline
hpc1427              offline

I think what I want to see is '-nl' (or any combination of l and n)
produce a normal -l output, but with the notes at the end.

So it be like this:

node01         offline
node02         down,offline   bad memory
node03         offline        needs new drive