[torquedev] Re: [torqueusers] how to disable interactive job submission

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Mar 13 21:49:40 MDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 09:32:40PM -0600, Garrick Staples alleged:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 10:18:12PM -0400, Glen Beane alleged:
> > >be

> > >I have this working.  A little more testing and it will be checked into
> > >trunk.
> >
> > checked into trunk
> > please test
>
> I'm probably a little late in saying this, since you've already done the
> work, but you might as well go with the original idea.
>
> People will start asking for all kinds of allowable restrictions like
> STDIN versus batch scripts, rerunnable, dependencies, and all sorts of
> other rubbish.
>
> With a single list attribute, we can easily tack on new diabolical
> restrictions.

Did I sound derisive enough?

As admins, we care about *what* resources are used.  We care about
amounts of cputime, walltime, NFS traffic, memory usage, disk usage,
etc.  We care that the resources are available, reliable, and above all,
useful.

What we don't care about is *how* the resources are used.  We don't
care if the job is written in bourne, perl, fortran, C or C#, the color
of the user's shirt, if the user likes dogs or cats, or whether the job
is interactive or batch.

University of Southern California