[torquedev] Re: [torqueusers] how to disable interactive job submission

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Tue Mar 13 21:32:40 MDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 10:18:12PM -0400, Glen Beane alleged:
> On 3/13/07, Glen Beane <glen.beane at gmail.com> wrote:
> >be

> >> If we do this, instead of a single queue attribute
> >> (queue_allowed_types=batch,interactive) we should have two:
> >> allow_batch, and allow_interactive.   Both would be true by default.
> >> To disable interactive jobs for a queue: qmgr -c "s q queue_name
> >> allow_interactive = false"
> >>
> >> This wouldn't be hard to do,  and even though Garrick will hate me I
> >> think I might do this  right now :)
> >
> >I have this working.  A little more testing and it will be checked into
> >trunk.
>
> checked into trunk
> please test

I'm probably a little late in saying this, since you've already done the
work, but you might as well go with the original idea.

People will start asking for all kinds of allowable restrictions like
STDIN versus batch scripts, rerunnable, dependencies, and all sorts of
other rubbish.

With a single list attribute, we can easily tack on new diabolical
restrictions.