[torquedev] renewing credentials

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Mar 7 20:21:39 MST 2007

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Garrick Staples wrote:

> Can pbs_server simply ensure that the ticket's lifetime is long enough
> before the job executes?

The problem there (and I'm speaking as someone who has never used Kerberos) is
that you are then limited to the maximum lifetime of a Kerberos ticket
defined by your Kerberos admin, which I think defaults to 7 days in many
common Kerberos implementations.

So for the people like we have, who occasionally run 3 month jobs, that would
be an issue (if we ran Kerberos, which we don't).

cheers!