[torquedev] error while loading shared libraries: libtorque.so.0

Craig Macdonald craigm at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Fri Mar 2 09:05:09 MST 2007

Check the permissions of the installed libraries. On my setup, these
are in /usr/local/lib

$ls /usr/local/lib -l
lrwxrwxrwx  1 craigm grad     18 Oct  5 13:53 libtorque.so.0 -> libtorque.so.0.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root   root 472640 Oct  4 20:12 libtorque.so.0.0.0

You also need to ensure that the linker knows where the libraries
are. Does LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/torque/lib qstat work as a normal user?

On my SL4.3 setup, i added a file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d
$cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/torque.conf
/usr/local/lib

Then run ldconfig as root.