[torquedev] how's the gssapi branch acting?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Jul 16 17:20:08 MDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 05:03:53PM -0400, Adam Steenwyk alleged:
> Hi Garrick,
>
> Thanks for your interest in how things are going.  We've been working on
> replacing an aging PBS Pro license with the gssapi branch at the moment and
> are still in the testing stage.  While working to get torque running on a
> RHEL4 master and RHEL5 client, I noticed that the path to kdestroy was
> hard-coded into src/server/job_func.c.  On our system this lead to old
> credentials not being destroyed in /var/spool/torque/server_priv/creds.  I
> have replaced this hard coded path with an automatically configured #define
> which is generated using autoconf.

Agreed and I've applied your patch but used AC_PROG_PATHS in
configure.ac.

> Besides the kdestroy stuff, I had also changed a few things based upon the
> 1459 version to compile correctly with -werror.  These include two minor
> changes (uninitialized variable in one case and some forgotten format string
> pieces for a macro in another).

The init for nsaved looks unneeded to me because it is set a few lines
down.

> In /src/resmom/start_exec.c I also noticed some strange behavior - two lines
> of code which seem to rely on one another being executed first - which may
> be an error.  It seems that to function truly correctly with -werror, the
> malloc needs to be put somewhere within the getgroups function.  Please see
> my comment in the patch and correct my poor c if I am totally off base :).

When getgroups() is called with the first arg of 0, then the list isn't
modified; so that part is OK.  But further down the list is searched
before the later calls that actually populate it.  It looks like a bad
fuzzy patch apply to me.

This stuff is differs for trunk and it shouldn't.  I'm going to revert
this to the trunk code.

If it should be changed back to malloc instead of static, let's look at
that issues seperately.

> Attached is the patch, generated on a RHEL 4 box, it is based upon the most
> recent (1473) revision in subversion.
>
> Thanks for all your work, its always appreciated!

Thanks much!