[torquedev] Zombie Torque jobs

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Jul 1 19:56:55 MDT 2007

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007, Peter Enstrom wrote:

> The biggest issue is that the job is unkillable.

I don't know if this would help your problem, but in the past when I've seen
similar I've done:

qsig -s0 $JOBID

That tells the pbs_mom to send signal 0 to the lead process.  That doesn't
actually do anything except raise an error if that process no longer exists,
and the pbs_mom then realises that the job has died.

Not had to do that for a long time though!

cheers,