[torquedev] feature request: server job id bounds

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 07:52:34 MST 2007

On 1/30/07, Jerry Smith <jdsmit at sandia.gov> wrote:
> We have a metric utility
> that would break if we tried to suck in a second job for a particular server
> that has already used that job # set as a key in our database, and I too, am
> currently looking for a fix/work around. ( same server jobid overlap )

This is a common problem for gathering and storing job statistics.  I
think that one solution may be to use a timestamp and jobnumber
combination as a key rather than just a jobnumber.  If we were still
actively developing MyPBS (http://my-pbs.sourceforge.net), this is the
approach I would take.

By the way,  does anyone still use MyPBS?  I have a need to implement
something similar at my new site,  but I don't know if I want to get
back into maintaining it...  I might be convinced if I could get some
help though.