[torquedev] looking for brave OS X torque users

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 19:00:24 MST 2007

I have removed the dependency for libkvm from pbs_mom for Darwin,  and
I am looking for some brave people to test.  This change is necessary
since Apple is phasing out /dev/kmem.  OS X for Intel was the first
version to ship with it disabled by default, and it appears OS X for
PPC based on Darwin 8.8.1 or later will also have this disabled by
default.  For now /dev/kmem can be enabled by a kernel boot argument,
but that work around is not a permanent solution.

If you are willing to try this out and run some jobs through it,
please contact me.  The changes have not been committed to Trunk yet
(this change is based off the torque svn trunk),  but I should just be
able to provide a replacement resmom/darwin/mom_mach.c file for 2.1.x
and have you try out the changes in an existing 2.1.x installation
(just swap out a few pbs_moms with the patched one).  The changes will
probably be committed to Trunk soon for anyone that wants to try it
out that way.

Glen