[torquedev] patch: defer chk_file_sec(path_server_name) until it's needed

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Sun Feb 25 18:38:35 MST 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 12:09:30AM +0100, Sergio Gelato alleged:
> The MOM only reads the server_name file as a last resort, if
> mom_priv/config doesn't set $pbsserver. There is no point in requiring
> server_name to exist (much less to have safe permissions) unless it's
> actually going to be read.

Sounds reasonable to me.  I've added it to 2.1-fixes and trunk.

> Note also that the --with-server-name-file option to configure doesn't
> (yet?) affect pbs_mom, only pbs_server. I make no attempt to change this.

It shouldn't effect either.  It is only effects where 'make install'
writes it, and where clients read it.

pbs_mom and pbs_server would look in their respective "server home" variable.