aix and linux ok - WAS: [torquedev] patch: prevent IRIX pbs_mom from segfaulting in find_resc_def

Toni L. Harbaugh-Blackford [Contr] harbaugh at ncifcrf.gov
Sat Feb 17 05:43:02 MST 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Garrick Staples wrote:

  > On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 11:48:59AM -0500, Toni L. Harbaugh-Blackford [Contr] alleged:
  > >
  > > In torque-2.2.0-snap.200611291634, the IRIX build of pbs_mom segfaults at line
  > > 6247 of mom_main.c:
  > >
  > >    rdcput = find_resc_def(svr_resc_def,"cput",svr_resc_size);
  > >
  > > because svr_resc_def is still NULL at that point.  It is not
  > > initialized until a few lines later at the call to init_resc_defs().
  > >
  > > Here is a little patch that moves the call to init_resc_defs()
  > > just ahead of the "#if MOM_CHECKPOINT == 1" line.
  >
  > Just trunk?  2.1.x is fine?
  >
  > Did you happen to check the other arches?

I have tested this with IRIX, AIX and Linux.  The AIX and Linux moms
work as the did before the patch, but they do not support checkpointing
anyway.  The IRIX mom works, whereas it segfaulted before the patch.

If no one has reported a problem with 2.1.x and IRIX, then this probably
should not go in that version.  But I would like to see it in 2.2.x.

Thanks
Toni

Toni Harbaugh-Blackford                   harbaugh at abcc.ncifcrf.gov
System Administrator
Advanced Biomedical Computing Center (ABCC)
National Cancer Institute
Contractor - SAIC/Frederick