[torquedev] new node attribute: "note"

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Wed Feb 14 01:39:17 MST 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 03:11:27PM -0700, Marcus R. Epperson alleged:
> Patch against: torque-2.2.0-snap.200702052054.tar.gz
>
> This version makes no attempt to truncate or sanitize notes.  It simply
> rejects them if they are too long or contain a newline (with appropriate
> warnings/errors to the user and in server_logs).
>
> # pbsnodes -n $BIGNOTE node1
> Warning: note exceeds length limit (256) - server may reject it...
> Error setting note attribute for node1 - Illegal value for  note
>
> And the corresponding server_logs line:
> ...;PBS_Server;Req;set_note_str;Warning: Client attempted to set note with
> len (4510) > MAX_NOTE (256)
>
> I believe I have addressed the other issues mentioned in previous emails.
> Please let me know if you see anything else amiss.

Everything looks good to me.  I did some light testing and committed it
to trunk.

I only made one minor change, adding the proto for write_node_note() to
svrfunc.h.

This is a really cool new feature and I really want to add it to
2.1-fixes.