[torquedev] Re: PBatchReqType[]

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Tue Feb 13 22:31:49 MST 2007

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 08:32:19PM +0100, Sergio Gelato alleged:
> * torquedev-request at supercluster.org [2007-02-13 12:00:03 -0700]:
> > From: "Glen Beane" <glen.beane at gmail.com>
> [...]
> > How would you like to be recognized in the CHANGELOG?  We usually give
> > credit to organizations that submit patches.
>
> My employer, Stockholm University, may be mentioned in this context.
>
> > From: Garrick Staples <garrick at clusterresources.com>
>
> > It looks like an ABI and API change.  We'd have to bump libtorque.so's version.
> >
> > Anyone know of a client that directly references PBatchReqType[]?
>
> I suppose one could leave out the "static" keyword in that case.
>
> Note, however, that PBatchReqType[] isn't declared in any header file,
> so it's questionable whether it belongs to the public API.
>
> Non-API/ABI-changing alternatives to my implementation are of course
> possible, but may be more error-prone in the long run.

I just did some tests with a rebuilt 2.2, and a non-rebuild maui and
perl-PBS.  I couldn't get it to produce any run-time linking errors.

Maybe I overreacted since nothing should actually be referencing
PBatchReqType[].

Dave, or someone, can you confirm that nothing in Moab references
PBatchReqType[]?