[torquedev] Re: PBatchReqType[]

Sergio Gelato Sergio.Gelato at astro.su.se
Tue Feb 13 12:32:19 MST 2007

* torquedev-request at supercluster.org [2007-02-13 12:00:03 -0700]:
> From: "Glen Beane" <glen.beane at gmail.com>
[...]
> How would you like to be recognized in the CHANGELOG?  We usually give
> credit to organizations that submit patches.

My employer, Stockholm University, may be mentioned in this context.

> From: Garrick Staples <garrick at clusterresources.com>

> It looks like an ABI and API change.  We'd have to bump libtorque.so's version.
>
> Anyone know of a client that directly references PBatchReqType[]?

I suppose one could leave out the "static" keyword in that case.

Note, however, that PBatchReqType[] isn't declared in any header file,
so it's questionable whether it belongs to the public API.

Non-API/ABI-changing alternatives to my implementation are of course
possible, but may be more error-prone in the long run.