[torquedev] Unknown (or no) arguments for pbs_mkdirs script causes it to loop forever (with patch)

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Dec 26 21:19:46 MST 2007

Hi all,

It appears that the pbs_mkdirs script does not gracefully
handly arguments it does not understand.  Instead it will
just loop forever in the final while true [...] loop that
parses arguments.  Oops. :-)

This came up when I upgraded an organisations cluster from
1.2.x to 2.1.9 a few weeks back - they've just reinstalled
a node and found the install never completed.  Turns out the
kickstart was using the "pbs_mkdirs cli" command and the "cli"
option has been dropped.

I've attached a patch that fixes this problem and also stops
it looping forever when it is passed no arguments.  The patch
introduces a '-h' option for usage information (also output
when no arguments are given).

Feedback please ?

cheers,