[torquedev] TORQUE 2.2.0 Defaults

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Aug 31 16:06:36 MDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 05:17:50PM -0600, Dave Jackson alleged:
> > > 4) modify configure to not build the GUI by default (configure
> > > --disable-gui)
> >
> > configure doesn't default to "on", it looks for the required deps and only
> > builds it if it can.  What is wrong with that?
>
>   Not a problem if it is working.  I saw a problem yesterday in which a
> CentOS 4.4 system attempted to build the GUI by default then failed due
> to a TCL library issue.  I take it your preference would be to improve
> the dependency auto-detect capability?  What will you need?  config.log,
> config.status? other?

I see a problem with tclx and tkx.  The configure script looks for Config.sh
scripts that come with tclx and tkx.  It looks like redhat has these things
packaged incorrectly and installs the Config.sh scripts in the run-time package
instead of the devel package.

I'm looking at how to do this better.