[torquedev] torque-2.1.x cannot read its own configuration?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Aug 31 15:14:36 MDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 02:02:19PM -0700, Martin Siegert alleged:
> Hi,
>
> I am running into the following problem ever since we switched to
> torque-2.1.x (actually I tried only 2.1.2 and 2.1.6):
>
> All commands are run by root:
>
> # qmgr -c 'p s' > /etc/sysconfig/torque_server.conf
> # qmgr < /etc/sysconfig/torque_server.conf
> Max open servers: 4
> qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request

It's not that qmgr doesn't understand the request, it is that the request is
not authorized.  It is a permission problem.

When you run 'qmgr', it connects to the server hostname listed in
$PBS_SERVER_HOME/server_name.  The pbs_server daemon running on that host isn't
allowing your connection.  Your "server_name" file probably has something other
than the actual hostname.

Try 'qmgr localhost' or 'qmgr `hostname`' when reading in the config.