[torquedev] torque-2.1.x cannot read its own configuration?

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Fri Aug 31 15:02:19 MDT 2007

Hi,

I am running into the following problem ever since we switched to
torque-2.1.x (actually I tried only 2.1.2 and 2.1.6):

All commands are run by root:

# qmgr -c 'p s' > /etc/sysconfig/torque_server.conf
# qmgr < /etc/sysconfig/torque_server.conf
Max open servers: 4
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request
[...]
qmgr obj=js20 svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=js20 svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=js20 svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=js20 svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=q1 svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=q1 svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=q1 svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=q1 svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=q1 svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=qs svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=qs svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=qs svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=qs svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=qs svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=ql svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=ql svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=ql svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=ql svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=ql svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=ql svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=pre svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=pre svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=pre svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=pre svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=pre svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=pre svr=default: Unauthorized Request

It is as if qmgr refuses to read back the configuration it just wrote.
The problem persists (and that's where it really starts to become a
problem) after I
1) stop pbs_server
2) wipe the /var/spool/torque/server_priv directory
3) start "pbs_server -t create"
4) try to load the previous configuration: qmgr < torque_server.conf

The only way I found that allows me to work around this problem is to
3a) start torque-2.0.0p8 version of "pbs_server -t create",
4a) qmgr < torque_server.conf
4b) stop pbs_server
4c) start torque-2.1.6 version of pbs_server

I am probably missing something very basic, but how do I read in
a configuration using torque-2.1.x?

I attach our torque_server.conf file.

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin Siegert
Head, Research Computing
Burnaby, British Columbia                  email: siegert at sfu.ca
Canada  V5A 1S6
-------------- next part --------------
#
# Set server attributes.
#
set server scheduling = True
set server acl_host_enable = False
set server managers = moab at assiniboine.sfu.ca
set server managers += moab at b001
set server managers += root at assiniboine.sfu.ca
set server managers += root at b001
set server default_queue = js20
set server log_events = 511
set server mail_from = torque-adm
set server query_other_jobs = True
set server resources_available.ncpus = 8
set server resources_available.nodect = 8
set server resources_default.nodes = 1:ppn=1
set server resources_default.walltime = 72:00:00
set server scheduler_iteration = 600
set server node_ping_rate = 300
set server node_check_rate = 600
set server tcp_timeout = 6
set server node_pack = True
set server job_stat_rate = 30
set server pbs_version = 2.1.6
set server allow_node_submit = True
set server server_name = b001
#
#
#
# Create and define queue js20
#
create queue js20
set queue js20 queue_type = Execution
set queue js20 enabled = True
set queue js20 started = True
#
# Create and define queue q1
#
create queue q1
set queue q1 queue_type = Execution
set queue q1 resources_default.walltime = 144:00:00
set queue q1 enabled = True
set queue q1 started = True
#
# Create and define queue qs
#
create queue qs
set queue qs queue_type = Execution
set queue qs resources_default.walltime = 24:00:00
set queue qs enabled = True
set queue qs started = True
#
# Create and define queue ql
#
create queue ql
set queue ql queue_type = Execution
set queue ql resources_min.ncpus = 5
set queue ql resources_default.walltime = 04:00:00
set queue ql enabled = True
set queue ql started = True
#
# Create and define queue pre
#
create queue pre
set queue pre queue_type = Execution
set queue pre resources_min.ncpus = 1
set queue pre resources_default.walltime = 144:00:00
set queue pre enabled = True
set queue pre started = True