[torquedev] Torque with Propack 5 cpuset development

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Aug 7 22:48:39 MDT 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Adam Steenwyk wrote:

> Lastly, a few things I noticed while looking through the code.  It
> seems to me that the API for Propack 5 is vastly different for that
> of Propack 3.  This leads me to believe that to support Propack 5,
> we'd be looking at some sort of #define PENABLE_DYNAMIC_CPUSETS_P5
> situation whereby support for the older and newer versions of
> Propack could be simultaneously maintained.  Is this far off base?

As I just mentioned on the TorqueUsers list, I believe that the
CPUsets implementation in Propack5 is the same as the implementation
in the 2.6 kernel.

However, what I forgot to mention was that I believe that ProPack5
includes libraries to manipulate cpusets which are not yet available
on oss.sgi.com but are LGPL'd.

I have prodded the SGI rep I know locally about this and he says that
he will chase that down and get them published, but given we don't
actually own any SGI gear and you do I suspect a customers request
may carry more weight. :-)

cheers!