[torquedev] change in torque distribution (automake)

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Apr 11 20:16:44 MDT 2007

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Standa Kunc wrote:

> I am trying to add support of virtual computers to torque. I mean
> pbs_mom does not have to be physical computer. On physical computer
> can be multiple OpenVz or Xen virtual machines. The goal is that we
> can have preconfigured virtual servers and they do not have to run.
> Pbs_server can wake them up if it is needed because of some job.

I don't know if this helps, but both Globus and the Moab scheduler have some
support for this sort of thing already.

Moab has support for using xCat to deploy resources (including, I believe,
Xen) but it's probably scriptable for other cluster management things, see
the URL here:

http://www.clusterresources.com/products/mwm/docs/casestudies/case25-moabcat.shtml

The Globus project is working on something called Virtual Workspaces to
support dynamic deployment of Xen VM's for grid jobs:

http://workspace.globus.org/

cheers!