[torquedev] Ideal job state

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Apr 11 20:11:56 MDT 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, rishi pathak wrote:

>      I want to do something when job gets in the ideal state(i.e. it is
> queued but rsources are not free) Can any one tell where to look in the
> source code

The pbs_server doesn't actually make those decisions, that's farmed out to the
scheduler which could be pbs_sched or another one like Maui or Moab.

As Garrick already wrote if you're looking at things with qstat you'll see
jobs in the state Q for anything that is waiting to run, but you can tell if
the job is blocked or not by Maui or Moab for example.

cheers,