[torquedev] torque/PBS <-> job attribute mem

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Fri Sep 1 16:04:03 MDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 07:04:45PM +0200, Jens Kuehlberg alleged:
> Hi,
>
> that's right I use pbs_sched. When I submit the job, then I can see the correct attribute in the queue (qstat -f ). How can I discover if PBS is working with this attributes, or not?

It just occured to me that, in fact, no, pbs_sched does not support the
various memory job attributes because neither pbs_server or pbs_sched
actually know about the nodes' memory.

Nodes' memory is only reported as part of the opaque status node
attribute, which isn't really used by pbs_server or pbs_sched.

You'll need to use moab or maui to scheduled based on memory job
attributes.