[torquedev] more issues with recent security fix

Åke Sandgren ake.sandgren at hpc2n.umu.se
Tue Oct 24 00:08:14 MDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 16:46 -0600, Garrick Staples wrote:
> Turns out we aren't "there" yet.
>
> In 2.1.5, TM is broken with single node jobs, and jobs fail to rerun.
>
> Also, I found some similar security problems with the spool handling
> with rerunning jobs.
>
> Here is another patch that hopefully buttons everything up.  I'm going
> to wait a few days before the next release.
>
> Comments?

Since no file is open by root in open_std_file we could change keeping=1
to keeping=0 for everything except /dev/null in std_file_name
and in open_std_file if keeping==1 then remove O_EXCL and O_CREAT (since
it is /dev/null) and then let that lstat... S_ISREG check handle the
mode bits like it does with this last patch of yourse.

Like this (to be applied on top of your patch.