[torquedev] Question reg. PBS_NODEFILE

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Thu Nov 30 12:58:29 MST 2006

You can,  as long as you allocate per cpu in nodes.  We do this
because we have a mix of 2 and 4 cpu boxes.  If i ask for

-l nodes=4:ppn=1

I get PBS_NODEFILES that look like

host1
host1
host1
host1

or

host2
host2
host1
host1

even

host1
host2
host3
host4

Sorry to drag that out :-)
I believe this is schedular/config dependent. We do it with moab and
maui.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp at umich.edu