[torquedev] uname default for arch in pbs_mom ? (was Re: [torqueusers] Xeon submit host for both Xeon and Opteron nodes?)

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Nov 28 15:53:14 MST 2006

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 18:37, Garrick Staples wrote:

> We could make this function be arch-specific; it lives in
> resmom/*/mom_mach.c and do the most appropriate thing.

Sounds interesting.

> How about uname -p?

It appears to be Linux distro dependant : Debian Sarge doesn't have it, Ubuntu
(6.06 and 6.10) and RH7.3 reports "unknown" whilst Fedora & CentOS report the
correct information.

Non-existant on HP-UX, but works on AIX 5.3.

Aha - it's not part of the Single UNIX Specification, whereas uname -m (and
the "machine" element of the utsname structure) both are.

Interesting..